On 9th September 2008, at around 1.20 pm 4 armed police with riot gear believed to be from from Central Police Station came to Jeevanjee Gardens. Upon their arrival 3 plainclothes policemen who had been seated undetected under a tree as part of the people in Jeevanjee Gardens, joined them and ordered people around to pair up and walk with them to Central Police Station.
19 innocent Kenyans have been detained. We are appealing to people who value freedom to sign this petition demanding the immediate release of our fellow Kenyans and a public apology and end to intimidation by the government authorities.
You can also send a direct letter of protest to the following:
- Prime Minister Raila Odinga - email@example.com
- The Police Commissioner: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Police Spokesman: email@example.com
- Complaints: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Customer Care Desk: email@example.com